The eventual appointee will be joining the Regulatory and Legal team and will be reporting to the Senior Manager - Regulatory & Legal within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit.
The individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
• The development of legislation relating to insurance and pensions licence holders to address market developments and legislative changes arising from EU Legislation in these sectors.
• A marked level of involvement in work related to the periodic reviews of Insurance and Pensions related legislation and Rules. It also involves the active monitoring of local and foreign developments and issues that would give rise to this exercise.
• S/he will also be involved in work related to preparing responses with regards to European institutions’ legislative proposals as well as eventual transposition into Maltese legislation.
• Assisting with compliance issues emanating from the ongoing supervision process of insurance and pensions services licence holders and of licensed retirement schemes.
• Provide support to the Unit in relation to the application of laws, regulations and rules relating to Insurance and Pensions.
• Any other ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
• S/he may also be involved in on-site compliance visits.
• To attend sittings at the Tribunal and Court with the Legal function, as necessary.